knls recognizes the important role of feedback from the library clients and members of the public to improve the quality of the services we provide. Complaints are an important part of that feedback, and they help knls to identify and implement preventative strategies to minimize recurrent or systemic problems.
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction about any aspect of service, actions, or lack of action by the Kenya National Library Service as an organization or a staff member. Complaints may come from any member of the public who has a legitimate interest in knls. A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email, or in writing.
If a customer is unhappy with the services, they are encouraged to report using the following ways:
- Consult the customer care personnel in the library branches
- Talk to any of the staff either in person or by telephone
- Drop comments in the suggestion boxes
- Enter complaints in the complaint register available in all branches/departments
- Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org where all concerns will be handled by the relevant person
Complainants are advised of their options to escalate their complaint to a more senior staff person if they are dissatisfied with treatment or outcome.
Where possible complaints will be resolved at the first point of contact. All staff at service points are empowered to resolve complaints.